Friday, July 6, 2012

Bread Adventures

Today I was bored and decided to make some bread...It stunk. Seriously, NEVER put whole-wheat flour into Cooking Light's banana bread recipe! I seriously should have just made my lemon blueberry bread instead. It is fantastic! You know what? I'm going to attach that recipe to this post (it will seriously rock your socks!). The last time I made it was for my cousin's wedding shower, and all of the guests obsessed over it and kept repeating how they thought it was from a bakery. Believe me, it is that good! It is super moist too, so don't fret if you are like me and worry about the loaf getting too dry :) http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/LemonBlueberryBread.html
P.S. When I made it, I substituted the vanilla extract for lemon extract (to give it a more lemony flavor). I have also tried it without the glaze, but it just wasn't the same! You need the glaze to tie the whole thing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment